App Name/Publisher: Verbally by Intuary, Inc.
Description: Verablly is an app for assisted speech production. Verbally is a communication aid for people with apraxia, ALS, stroke, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s, Cerebral Palsy, or Muscular Dystrophy.
Therapy Use: For expressive language output; conversation. Tap in a word or phrase and press ‘Speak’ for the whole phrase, or ‘Speak each word’ for one word at a time.
• Easy to use, simple layout, free
• Core Word Grid offers over 60 essential words, which can save you over 50% of the taps required to input your sentences
• Core Phrases Grid offers a dozen common phrases to enable faster and easier conversation
• Text Prediction that learns the words and names you use and makes entering your thoughts significantly faster than typing
• Three keyboard layout so that you can find the one that’s best for you
• Choice of male or females voices
Cautions: For older children, adults (Text to speech keyboard only - no pictures)
Age/Grade Levels Targeted
Early Elementary (Grades 1 – 3)
Upper Elementary (Grades 3- 6)
Middle School/Junior High (Grades 7-9)
High School (Grades 10 – 12)
How to Activate
Isolated finger point
Touch and release
Type of Device
iOS Device 3.2 or later
Would you recommend this app?
Megan Bratti, MS, CCC-SLP
April 19, 2011