Quick Talk AAC By Digital Scribbler, Inc
Quick Talk provides a simple 2 button choice interface with 11 categories and access to 11,000 Smarty Symbols. You have the ability to add your own categories if needed. Selecting the desired category can be accomplished a few different ways: by either swiping left or right, by pressing the left or right arrow keys, or hitting the category button at the top of the screen. Selecting the desired vocabulary is accomplished by swiping up or down or by hitting the up/down arrow keys.
From the edit menu you have the ability to choose from the 11,000 Smarty Symbols, import pictures from your library, record your own voice, and change the background to color code vocabulary. Quick Talk comes with built in Text-to-Speech capabilities so what ever you type with be said in a clear voice.
New Category feature allows you to add your own category
App Benefits Likes:
- Simple two-button design allows for easy choice of phrases with 100 available buttons
- Smarty Symbols library of 11,000 symbols developed by Smarty Ears that you can use to personal the buttons.
- Multiple ways to navigate - either with swiping, pressing arrow buttons, or choosing directly from list. There is also a home button which advances directly to Yes/No.
- Offered across multiple devices including iOS and Andriod phones and tablets.
Cautions and Comments:
- Swiping up/down and left/right to move across category and vocabulary could be confusing to some users depending on their level
- For users that could read, adding a optional category menu across the top of the screen for quicker vocab access would be nice
- 100 buttons for this app is ideal- adding more could cause frustration to the user when trying to find desired vocabulary.
Age/Grade Levels Targeted